|JA student center elsewhere|
The Terms and Conditions contain a variety of provisions that are generally applicable to this product.
By using this product, you agree, without limitation or qualification, to be bound by, and to comply with, these Terms and Conditions and any other posted guidelines or rules applicable to Junior Achievement or any of its affiliated Web sites, properties, products, or services. All such guidelines and rules are hereby incorporated by reference into the Terms and Conditions.
- CONDITIONS AND RESTRICTIONS ON USE
Use of this product is subject to compliance with these Terms and Conditions. You acknowledge and agree that Junior Achievement may terminate your access to this product should you fail to comply with the Terms and Conditions or any other guidelines and rules published by Junior Achievement Any such termination shall be in Junior Achievement's sole discretion and may occur without prior notice, or any notice. Junior Achievement further reserves the right to terminate any user's access to an online-based, Junior Achievement product or offering. Junior Achievement further reserves the right to terminate any user's access to a Junior Achievement Web property for any reason or for no reason at all, in Junior Achievement's sole discretion, without prior notice, or any notice.
In order to use this product, users must have access to the World Wide Web and must navigate the Internet to http://banks.ja.org or another of the URLs associated with Junior Achievement that lead to the product. With respect to general audience content, if Junior Achievement learns that anyone under the age of 13 has accessed this product, Junior Achievement will require verified parental consent, in accordance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 ("COPPA?). Junior Achievement does not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, race, ethnicity, nationality, religion, or any other protected status.
- REGISTRATION AND PRIVACY
- RESPONSIBILITY FOR MINORS
Adults who have authorized a minor to use this product, must recognize full responsibility for: (i) the online conduct of such minor; (ii) controlling the minor's access to and use of this product; and (iii) the consequences of any misuse by the minor.
- MEMBER AND USER CONDUCT
Upon registering, you will create a password (and receive confirmation of via email) from Junior Achievement You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the password and ID, and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or ID. You agree to (a) immediately notify Junior Achievement of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security, and (b) ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. Junior Achievement cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this requirement.
You agree that you will not use the JA Banks in Action product:
- Upload, post, email, otherwise transmit, or post links to any content, or select any member or user name or email address, that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, pornographic, libelous, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, hateful, or racially, sexually, ethnically or otherwise objectionable.
- Upload, post, email, otherwise transmit, or post links to any content that promotes illegal activity, including without limitation the provision of instructions for illegal activity.
- Upload, post, email, otherwise transmit, or post links to any content that exploits the images of children under 18 years of age, or that discloses personally identifying information belonging to children under 18 years of age.
- Harm minors in any other way.
- Make any sexual request on behalf of a minor or make any sexual request of a minor.
- "Stalk" or otherwise harass another.
- Collect or store personally identifying information about other users for commercial or unlawful purposes.
- Impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, a Junior Achievement or Junior Achievement affiliate official, employee, forum leader, guide or host, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Employ misleading email addresses or falsify information in the header, footer, return path, or any part of any communication, including emails, transmitted through the Products and Services.
- Upload, post, email, otherwise transmit, or post links to any content that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or regulation or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, or proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements).
- Upload, post, email, or otherwise transmit, or post links to any content that facilitates hacking.
- Upload, post, email, otherwise transmit, or post links to any content that infringes any patent, trademark, service mark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights ("Rights") of any party, or contributing to inducing or facilitating such infringement. This prohibition shall include, without limitation, the following forms of software piracy:
- Making available copyrighted software or other content that has had the copyright protection removed.
- Making available serial numbers for software that can be used to illegally validate or register software.
- Making available tools that can be used for no purpose other than for "cracking" software or other copyrighted content.
- Making available any software files for which the user does not own the copyright or have the legal right to make available.
- Upload, post, email, otherwise transmit, or post links to any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation, except in those areas that are designated for such purpose.
- Upload, post, email, otherwise transmit, or post links to any material that contains software viruses, worms, trojan horses, time bombs, trap doors or any other computer code, files or programs or repetitive requests for information designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment or to diminish the quality of, interfere with the performance of, or impair the functionality of this product or Junior Achievement or its affiliates.
- Use automated means, including additional computers, software and scripts, to enhance play in JA Banks in Action games, promotions, or competitions.
- Use automated means, including spiders, robots, crawlers, or the like to download data from the JA Banks in Action product.
- Conduct your own contests and promotions without the express permission of Junior Achievement
- Upload, post, email, otherwise transmit, or post links to any content regarding any raffle, contest or game requiring a fee by participants.
- Modify, publish, transmit, transfer or sell, reproduce, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, link, display or in any way exploit any content from any Junior Achievement database, including, without limitation, by incorporating data from any Junior Achievement database into any e-mail or "white pages" products or serviced, whether browser-based, based on proprietary client-site applications, web-based, or otherwise.
- Sell, distribute, or make any commercial use of data obtained from any Junior Achievement database or make any other use of data from any Junior Achievement database in a manner which could be expected to offend the person for whom the data is relevant.
- Create and maintain a Web page that contains hyperlinks to content not permitted outside the JA Banks in Action product.
- Disrupt the normal flow of dialogue in a chat room, cause a screen to "scroll" faster than other users of the product are able to type, or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other users' ability to engage in real time exchanges
- Interfere with or disrupt the JA Banks in Action product, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the product.
- Intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, including, but not limited to, regulations promulgated by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, any rules of any national or other securities exchange, including, without limitation, the New York Stock Exchange, the American Stock Exchange or the NASDAQ, and any regulations having the force of law.
- Use the product to sell, purchase, or offer to sell or purchase any registered or unregistered securities.
- Upload, post, email, otherwise transmit, or post links to any material that is false, misleading, or designed to manipulate any equity, security, or other market.
- Use any software deployed in connection with the product to process data as a service to other entities without the express written consent of Junior Achievement or the party from whom such software may be licensed.
- Decompile, disassemble, modify, translate, adapt, reverse engineer, create derivative works from, or sublicense any software deployed in connection with the JA Banks in Action product.
- Advertise, offer for sale, or sell any item you are prohibited from advertising or selling by any applicable local, state, national, or international law, including regulations having the force of law.
- Upload, post, email, otherwise transmit, or post links to any material, or act in any manner, that is offensive to Junior Achievement or its community or the spirit of these Terms and Conditions.
- Advertise, offer for sale, or sell any of the following items:
- Any firearms, explosives, or weapons.
- Any food that is not packaged or does not comply with all laws governing the sale of food to consumers by commercial merchants.
- Any alcoholic beverages.
- Any tobacco products for human consumption, including, without limitation, cigarettes and cigars.
- Any items that are indecent or obscene, that are hateful or racially, sexually, ethnically or otherwise objectionable, that contain child pornography, that are otherwise pornographic in nature, or are harmful to minors.
- Any controlled substances or pharmaceuticals.
- Any items that are counterfeit or stolen.
- Any dangerous items.
- Any goods or services that do not, in fact, exist.
- Any registered or unregistered securities.
- Any items that violate or infringe the rights of other parties.
- Any items that you do not have the legal right to sell.
- Any items where paying Junior Achievement any of the required transactional or listing fees would cause Junior Achievement to violate any law.
You acknowledge and agree that the Junior Achievement and its designees shall have the right (but not the obligation), in their sole discretion, to refuse to publish, remove, or block access to any content that is available via the JA Banks in Action product at any time, for any reason, or for no reason at all, with or without notice.
Junior Achievement also may suspend or terminate any user account of JA Banks in Action because of user inactivity. Junior Achievement shall retain the right to determine what constitutes user inactivity.