Good business is about good life skills. Do you feel lost somewhere between the other entrepreneurs' success stories and your reality, wondering whether risks you have taken will lead to success? In most cases, long-lasting business success is much more than mere luck or great idea. There are certain things that you need to learn to be a successful entrepreneur. These same attributes will also make you successful in life, whatever you do. The checklist below does not guarantee success, but it's a great guide for accomplishing your goals.
- Set goals.
- Take action.
- Ask for help.
- Listen to good advice.
- Follow up with people.
- Learn from your mistakes and do things better.
- Develop strong ethics (principles of what's right and wrong in a business relationship) that demonstrate your integrity, sense of responsibility and obligation.
- Work to exceed expectations.
- Walk before you run.
- Do what you love. Discover your interests and match them with your business idea/plan.
- Be innovative and bring up radical ideas. Think outside the box, and don't be afraid of trying out new ideas.
- Master time management. Make sure that you keep a balance between your role as a student and an entrepreneur. Implement planning and organizational tools.
Why are Ethics Important?
| SBA's Teen Business Link
| JA's Young Entrepreneur Video Room
| Teen Business Stories