So you want to run your own small business. Be your own boss. Make lots of money. You've got a great idea for a product or service. These are the seeds of entrepreneurship. Every successful business begins with one good seed.
Your first steps in exploring your future:
- Understand and know yourself: What kind of entrepreneur are you?
- What are your interests?
- What is most fun for you?
- What do you know most about?
- How do you like to spend your time?
- How hard are you willing to work?
- Learn from SBA's Young Entrepreneur Award winners and JA's student entrepreneurs as they share their success secrets and strategies with you.
- Do you have a great idea? Successful entrepreneurs create new ways to solve old problems.
- Is there a better way to do something?
- Is there a new way?
Brainstorm and explore different ideas. Test different solutions. Think creatively. Successful entrepreneurs are quick to spot trends.
Understand that business is basically about buying and selling. Sellers control the supply of what is sold, and buyers control the demand for what is purchased. Research the "demand" for your idea.
| Pre-business Checklist
| 20 Questions
| Finding a Niche